Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saint Bernard Church- Akron Ohio


Photographing a century old church is for me a challenge. After entering the sanctuary the first moments are significant as I try to quietly synchronize with the feelings, experiences and emotions that have filled this space. My mind struggles to get in touch with the essence of a space. I muse about all the people that have passed through the doorway. I think about the joy and sadness that always is a part of this particular room in a church. I long for permission to share the in the emotions that fill this special space . I pray that I can capture a special moment in a single image that has hidden meaning to someone.

St. Bernard Church open in 1905 and I am sure the place holds great memories. Thank you St. Bernard for giving me the opportunity to experience you space. See additional images at the folling link http://kentphotographer.smugmug.com/gallery/4519050_WAvAy#266043587

No comments: